Hospitality-Assisting with Residents’ meals – 11am – 2.30pm/4.30pm- 8.30.pm
A Different Quality of Care
Fonthill House – Fonthill Care (Harry Park) Limited – St Albans
Fonthill House is a luxury 64 bedroom nursing home, located in St Albans, Hertfordshire. We are now looking for outstanding people to join our vibrant team.
You will be required to assist with residents’ meals once you have completed the relevant training and competencies required, such as;
Demonstrating a full understanding of IDDSI framework, to include:
– Mixing thickened fluids
– Identifying high risk foods
– Identifying different textured meals according to IDDSI
– Describing signs of aspiration
-Describing strategies to aid eating and drinking with residents with dementia
Explain the significance of:
– Cutlery and cups
– Oral hygiene.
Provide assistance to three residents in a safe and dignified manner
Opening and closing down duties to include;
- Preparing all communal areas to include drinks, display fridge and breakfast work stations.
- Preparing cold and hot breakfasts.
- Presenting menus to residents and answering questions about menu items i.e following specific dietary requirements and making recommendations upon request.
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Taking orders for room service and delivering food/drinks to residents’ rooms.
- Ensuring that food and drink orders are delivered in a timely manner (in accordance to policies).
- Checking with residents and guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Removing dishes and glasses from bedrooms, tables or counters and washing up in preparation for the following service.
- Daily tea trolley – providing coffee, tea, cakes and snacks.
Closing duties to include:
- Ensuring the equipment and machinery is cleaned and serviced correctly in all areas relevant to the role.
- Maintaining clean and well stocked areas
- Participating in staff and client meetings as required.
- Training and development.
- Maintaining and improving professional knowledge and competence.
- Attending mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring statutory health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Making sure that chemicals/equipment are used correctly and safety procedures adhered to at all times.
- Reporting any illness or injuries immediately to the home manager or person in charge.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the home’s health and safety, infection control and hygiene policies and emergency and fire procedures.
- Reporting to the home manager, or the maintenance person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, damaged equipment or any potential hazards.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adults policy.
- Taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the home’s management of any concerns.
- Adhering to all new changes in local and central government initiatives as and when they are implemented.
- Promoting and ensuring the good reputation of the home.
- Ensuring that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notifying the home manager, or the person in charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensuring the security of the home is maintained at all times.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained.
Carrying out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Hold or work towards a basic food hygiene certificate.
- Display a positive and flexible attitude to team working.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit a caring and understanding attitude towards the residents.
- IT skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The job runs on a 2 week repeating rota;
Week 1: Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of Work – 11am – 2:30 pm then 4.30pm – 8.30pm
All applicants must be vaccinated in line with government guidelines.
£11.00 per hour
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Fonthill House - St Albans
To apply for one of our vacancies please fill out the application form below. Your information will not be shared with any external companies and our entire website is hosted on a secure server.