Fonthill House is a modern, luxury 64 bedroom nursing home located in St Albans, Hertfordshire. We are now looking for outstanding people to join our vibrant team.
As a Hospitality Assistant with Specialist Nutritional Duties you will be responsible for serving and delivering food and beverages in all areas of the home efficiently and in a courteous manner. Additionally you will be required to assist with residents meals once you have completed the relevant training and competencies required, such as;
– Demonstrating a full understanding of IDDSI framework, to include:
– mixing thickened fluids
– Identifying high risk foods
– Identifying different textured meals according to IDDSI
- Describe signs of aspiration
- Describe strategies to aid eating and drinking with residents with dementia
- Explain the significance of:
– cutlery and cups
– oral hygiene.
- Provide assistance to three residents in a safe and dignified manner
- Opening and closing down duties to include;
- Prepare all communal areas to include drinks, display fridge and breakfast work stations.
- Prepare Cold and Hot breakfasts
- Presenting menus to residents and answer questions about menu items i.e following specific dietary requirements and making recommendations upon request.
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Taking orders for room service and delivering food/drinks to residents’ rooms.
- Ensuring that food and drink orders are delivered in a timely manner (in accordance to homes policies)
- Checking with residents and guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Removing dishes and glasses from bedrooms, tables or counters, and washing up in preparation for the following service.
- Daily tea trolley – providing coffee, tea, cakes & snacks
Closing duties to include;
- Ensuring the equipment and machinery is cleaned and serviced correctly in all areas relevant to the role.
- Maintaining clean and well stocked areas
- Participating in staff and client meetings as required.
- Training and development:
- Maintaining and improving professional knowledge and competence.
- Attending mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring statutory health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Making sure that chemicals/equipment are used correctly and safety procedures adhered to at all times.
- Reporting immediately to the home manager, or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or another.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the home’s health and safety, infection control and hygiene policies, and emergency and fire procedures.
- Reporting to the home manager, or the maintenance person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Contributing to the safeguarding of adults by ensuring you are aware of your role in relation to the home’s safeguarding adult’s policy, taking steps to protects Residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the home’s management of any concerns.
- Adhering to all new, and changes in local and central government initiatives as and when they are implemented.
- Promoting and ensuring the good reputation of the home.
- Ensuring that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notifying the home manager, or the person in charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensuring the security of the Home is maintained at all times
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and well maintained.
Carrying out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the post holder
Possess excellent customer service skills
Hold or work towards a basic food hygiene certificate
Display a positive and flexible attitude to team working.
Exhibit a caring and understanding attitude towards the residents.
IT skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The job runs on a 2 week repeating rota;
Week 1: Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Hours of Work – 7:00am-7:00pm
Full-time: 42 hours per week
Job Types: Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.50-£10.50 per hour